In Which I Am A Bat Mitzvah

My Bat Mitzvah, was, in a word: awesome. I wasn't nervous at all on Saturday morning, the service was beautiful, I didn't make any noticeable errors, and the party was fabulous.

I had a lot of fun, and my family got a lot of compliments on the service and the party. On Saturday night we had a sleepover with me and 4 of my friends from school as a birthday party, which wasn't our best idea. I was deliriously tired by 9:00, but somehow ended up staying up until 11:30. Not the best idea.

I'm back in school now, which is not very awesome. I mean, sure, school is great and everything, but I don't like middle school. I don't like how they expect us to act like high schoolers but treat us like elementary schoolers. But what can I do about it? I'm stuck here for another year and a half. Might as well try to enjoy it.

On another note, I auditioned for the 7th and 8th grade play yesterday. Tomorrow I find out what part I got. We're doing 2 one-act comedies. The scene that I read from during the audition was pretty amusing, so I think it should turn out well.

I started up choir again last night. I had taken a semester off to spend time on learning my Bat Mitzvah, but it's over so now I'm back! It felt really great to be back. There was one girl who was genuinely new, and so our teacher introduced us both to the group, making sure to make and example out of me when he started talking about how I had decided I needed some time off choir when I had other commitments. I was really glad to be back to singing with a group of people who have a sincere interest in choir, rather than my classmates who chose choir over band because it sounded easier. (Just in case you were wondering, singing is not the walk in the park it looks like. It's a sign of how hard we work when we can make it look like a walk in the park.) I think my semester off was good to help me pick up my strength, because I think I did pretty well yesterday considering it was my first rehearsal since we went to Wisconsin.

I have nothing else to ramble about. I should probably go do my homework, but we all know that that's not going to happen. So for now, BYE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave comments to tell me your thoughts.