The Hunger Games Was Meant To Be

Once upon a time, long, long ago...

Wrong. Sorry.

A few years ago, around Spring Break 2009, I sat in a hot tub at a resort in California.

Great start, right?

As I sat in this hot tub, a girl I didn't know sat across from me, blabbing and blabbing and blabbing to her friend about some book. She went on for 15 minutes, and I had no choice but to listen to her speak. And speak. And speak And speak. And eat pudding. And speak.

(She wasn't actually eating pudding. I lied about that.)

So last year, someone convinced me to read The Hunger Games. I read it, and by the time I finished the whole series, I had gone from "Don't like this" to "Love it" to "Hate it."

And then it hit me.

The girl in the hot tub, who I have somehow never forgotten was telling her friend about The Hunger Games.

After years of wondering what that girl was talking about, I found it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave comments to tell me your thoughts.