Christmas Movies For 6th Graders

One of the best movies EVER is Elf. I've known about this movie since longer than I can remember, and I've enjoyed it for just as long.

See, what's so special about this movie is that it would be horrible if it didn't star Will Ferrell as Buddy the Elf.























Today we watched it in class as part of our winter break party. My friend and I had been discussing how great it was previously, so we both started squealing when they announced that they were showing it. We knew so many of the best quotes, and we were so excited.

We weren't the only ones, apparently.

There were probably around fifteen kids in the room, and more than half of us hummed along to the opening tune and recited the code of elves. (Treat every day like Christmas. There's room for everyone on the nice list. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.)

Of course, we all knew all the good quotes. Some of the best:

Buddy: [phone rings, Buddy picks it up] Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?

Buddy: We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.

Buddy: I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite

Buddy: I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel. (A personal favorite of mine)


Buddy: [reacting to sign saying "World's Best Cup of Coffee"] You did it! Congratulations! World's best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! It's great to be here.

Buddy: I'm a cotton-headed ninny-muggins.

Emily: So, Buddy, how'd you sleep?
Buddy: Great! I got a full 40 minutes!

Buddy: [after getting off an elevator with a man] Oh, I forgot to give you a hug!

I think you get the idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave comments to tell me your thoughts.