Very American Stir Fry

My family likes barbecuing. What family doesn't? We also like making stir fry. Who doesn't?

Have you ever tried combining them?

It's really fun. First we barbecue the meat, chicken, on the grill.  When that's done we put it in a big pot and put vegetables on the grill.  Today my brother chose to caramelize them, and it was good, but just a little too sweet. You don't want to use too much sugar, I learned.  We used broccoli, carrots, celery, pineapple, peapods, and onions for the vegetables.  When we were done, we put it in the pot too and put the pot in the oven.  It baked a bit more and stayed warm until we were ready for dinner.  Then we ate it with rice.

It's fun because I like barbecuing, and it's a teamwork thing.  My mom prepares the food and sauces, and I helped her with that. Then Big Pain and I grilled it together, and it was a lot of teamwork.

Plus, it tastes great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave comments to tell me your thoughts.